The Taylors

We are the Taylor Family! Our family consists of Jason, Karla and Cohen Taylor. Our precious Cohen is five. We must not forget our family members with four legs...Briley the cat and Dakota the dog. We are starting a new adventure...adoption! Please join us in the exciting journey as we bring our precious Melanie home. Our prayer is that we seek God's guidance to do His will...not ours. Please pray for us that we stay on God's path, keep our Melanie safe, and the the funds are provided! Thank you for your support through words of encouragement, prayer, and contributions. Let the adventure begin! Love, Jason and Karla Taylor

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cookbooks at Hendersonville Produce!

Today, I was able to sell our adoption cookbook at Hendersonville Produce during CSA pick-up hours.  Thank you Regina Gammon!!!!  In just three hours, I sold 12 cookbooks!

During my time there, I was able to meet many great people and see some familar faces.  I received many words of encouragement and luck.  Through this adoption adventure, I have learned that the adoption world really is so small.  Today, I was so encouraged by the adoption stories that I heard from those families that had also adopted.  Some had grown children they had adopted many years ago while some had recently adopted within the last seven years.  I felt blessed when a mom showed me the picture of her little girl from China that she had adopted back in 2005.  Then there was this little girl that touched my heart.  As she approached my table, while her parents picked up their CSA, she asked what I was doing.  I told her that I was selling cookbooks to raise money for our adoption and that we were adopting a little girl from China.  With excitement in her eyes and joy on her face she said, "I was adopted from China".  Oh the day when someone can look my own daughter in the eye and she can say those same words...."I was adopted from China".  I thank that little girl for the encouragement she she gave me today. As I sat there and had a conversation with her for those few minutes, she gave me encouragement to keep pressing on so that one day I can look my Melanie in the face and say welcome home!  Thank you Lord for the encouragement and support you sent me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment