Over the last three days Jason, Cohen and I have spent some much needed family time away in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Just a little family vaca at the Wilderness Lodge while Jason is on Fall break. This was planned back in the Spring of 2011. There was hiking (Jason's favorite), swimming at the indoor water park (Cohen's favorite), shopping at the discount scrapbook store (Karla's favorite), and eating. We all enjoyed the relaxation!
While we were away, God closed a very large door in our adoption process. Jason received an email confirming that the orphanage in Taiwan would not allow us to adopt from there. The reason...because we already had a child. To our understanding, the orphanage had made exceptions for those that already had children before...so why not us? Even with the knowledge that I am unable to physically have any more children, the decision still stayed. This was a bummer to find out during our vacation!
We have prayed for God to close doors so that we know His plan...not ours. Wow...this is harder than I thought! I really believed in my heart that Taiwan was the location of our Melanie. Guess not... I am not going to lie, I am a little discouraged. Jason and I will continue to pray for the next direction in our adoption process. We will pray and move forward with our home study!
Another sad thing to report... When we returned from our vacation, we found our sweet little Beta fish - Grassy - had passed away. Yes...we had someone feeding and taking care of her while we were gone. She lived six months. I will miss my mornings with Grassy jumping out of the water after being fed while I fix breakfast for me and Cohen. She was the best fish ever! RIP Grassy!
The Taylors
- tayloradoption
- We are the Taylor Family! Our family consists of Jason, Karla and Cohen Taylor. Our precious Cohen is five. We must not forget our family members with four legs...Briley the cat and Dakota the dog. We are starting a new adventure...adoption! Please join us in the exciting journey as we bring our precious Melanie home. Our prayer is that we seek God's guidance to do His will...not ours. Please pray for us that we stay on God's path, keep our Melanie safe, and the the funds are provided! Thank you for your support through words of encouragement, prayer, and contributions. Let the adventure begin! Love, Jason and Karla Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment